The second season of Virgin River premieres this week on Netflix and you’ll be seeing a lot more of newcomer Grayson Gurnsey, who had a recurring role as Ricky in season one.
The young actor has been upped to series regular for a major role in season two and we caught up with him to learn more about him ahead of the premiere.
Grayson has also been seen in the movie The Art of Racing in the Rain and on the TV shows iZombie and Timeless.
Check out 10 Fun Facts below:
- I love mythology, I’m mostly interested in Greek and Roman mythology. I find it fascinating how similar they are, yet also different in fundamental ways.
- The first suit I ever had was handmade for me in Nairobi, Kenya. I was 10 years old and was there doing a TV series. I remember loving picking out the color and fabric because I tried to make it look like Dr. Who’s suit.
- I’m a nerd, in the best of ways. I love, in no particular order, Dr. Who, Star Trek, Star Wars, Lord Of The Rings, Percy Jackson, Marvel anything, and, yes, I could go on. I say that I inherited it, as my parents are also proud to be nerds.
- Speaking of my parents, they traveled absurd distances for me to audition. I grew up in Calgary, Alberta and my mom would drive 12 hours, one way, to Vancouver, British Columbia for me to audition for 10 minutes when I first started out. Thanks Mom and Dad.
- I’m passionate about directing and it’s a definite goal of mine, but I figure I need about 20 more years of experience before I want to venture into anything big. It’s kind of like my acting, I want to study and really learn the trade. Know anyone who wants an apprentice? Will work for film.
Click inside to read the rest of the fun facts…
- I traveled so much for auditions I chose to home school and lived in an RV with my mom till I was 17.
- I injured my nose doing parkour, I was 17. When I went to the hospital, I found out my nose broke so easily because I had fractured it at 3 least times before. Boy, was I surprised!
- Just months before COVID-19, I adopted a Labrador Retriever, Luna. She was a lifesaver during the lockdown.
- If I hadn’t chosen to be an actor and director, I’d like to think I would write comedies. I think I’m really funny, I’m not sure if anyone agrees.
- I’m a night owl. I can stay up through a good portion of the night. Can it even be considered late when the sun rises?
- Bonus Fact: Since we are on sleeping patterns. When I do sleep, I can be down for 12 to 14 hours, if given the chance. You know you have slept too long when you wake up tired.
Make sure to watch season two of Virgin River when it premieres on Netflix on November 27.
Just Jared on Facebook
The post Get to Know ‘Virgin River’ Actor Grayson Gurnsey with These 10 Fun Facts (Exclusive) appeared first on 247 News Around The World.